Saturday, June 22, 2013

#1 Cloud Observation

Experiment:
Go outside and observe the clouds in the sky for two days. What do you see? 


OBSERVATION:
During the past two days, when I have looked at the clouds in the sky, I have seen cirrus clouds fairly high in the sky. I looked at the weather forecast and it said it's supposed to rain heavily for the next six days.

RESEARCH:
This means that these cirrus clouds I'm looking at (along with the nice 70 degree weather we've had) is part of the high pressure front that's in front of this incoming storm. When the rain arrives, it's because of the low pressure system that, like a vacuum, sucks all the clouds and wet weather with it.

PREDICTION:
Starting tomorrow, the clear skies will go away and we'll have a heavy overcast until the next high pressure system pushed the low one out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment